6.27.2012

Fox Hollow Farm

Today we went to a farm we've never been to before.  I've lived in this area my entire life and never knew there was this beautiful petting farm in Issaquah.  A big thanks to my friend for sending me the link about it.  
We had an amazing time at the open farm today.
The weather was awesome!
Could not have been a nicer day.
The company was even better-cousins, grandma, and Aunt Bonnie.
They have these power tractors the kids can ride in loops around the green grass area. . .  
Tate and Blake would have been happy doing that the entire time.
They picked up an extra passenger and took cousin Paije for a spin.
Crazy driver Tate only almost lost his load a couple times:) 
Blake down-sized for a ride more his size. 
I was impressed he figured out how to get it to go, steer, and get it out of the bushes all on his own. 
We had to pull them off the tractors so some other kids could have a turn and went to check out the animals.
We found dirty, spotted pigs and miniature horses, full-size horses, stinky goats, loud parrots, chickens, and bunnies . . .  
Yay, for grandma coming! 
And then we found kittens.
Oh those poor kittens had no idea what was about to get them when we climbed up to the loft in the barn.
It is hard to tell in the picture, but there are three black kittens trying to eat while the kids are trying to pet them. 
It was crazy trying to chase kittens and kids. 
I turn around and Paije has one of the kitties by the hind legs, hanging upside down, saying "I hold kitty."
Then Tate and Blake are both trying to grab one.
Grandma has Ryan.
Bonnie went back out with Piper because she's allergic (um, me too!).
I'm in this pen with three little kids and kittens running everywhere trying to get the kids to sit down so I can hand them a kitten.
As I was rescuing one of the kittens from either Blake or Paije I got scratched and my scratches totally started swelling up-guess I really am allergic. 
Luckily, the owner came up and told us they were starting pony rides.
I'm pretty sure little kids weren't supposed to be in with the kittens, so the kittens wouldn't get loved to death.  I was happy for the excuse to say bye-bye to the kitties! 
Headed to the ponies. 
Tate and Paije loved the ride while Blake freaked out when I put him up on Pegasus. 
I love the green hills in the background.
It was so pretty there! 
Ryan found a chair just his size. 
And a cousin about half his size.
8 month Ryan vs. 2 month Piper.
We had snacks while the boys rode the tractors again. 
 We finished our farm time with a train ride. 

We all had such a great time.
Here's to hoping the sun sticks around so we can go back soon.

No comments: