6.17.2012

Cupcakes

One hundred and fifty cupcakes that is.
Vanilla/vanilla.
Chocolate/chocolate.
Vanilla/chocolate.
Chocolate/vanilla.
It was a long Saturday pumping out the cupcakes.
When all was said and done-or every cupcake frosted and 'flowered'-
I think they turned out pretty darn great!
I just wish we would have remembered to bring a better camera then my moms phone and take some pictures before the guests started arriving.  Things just got a bit crazy trying to get everything set-up and finished in time, but you get the idea. 
Bride and Groom's cake in the background 
My mom was catering this outdoor wedding Saturday night and Karrie and I got roped into
asked to do the cupcakes and a mini cake for the bride and groom to cut.  The bride and groom wanted cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake.
Karrie and I have been searching for the best recipes for a vanilla and chocolate cupcake and then we needed a killer vanilla and chocolate frosting!  Oh ya.  The bride wanted real flowers on them:)  That seems so much easier then it really is.  
Karrie and I aren't going into the cupcake business anytime soon, but we had a good time and it was totally stressful  fun!  We put the cupcakes all on different, white, cake stands-it looked cool.
 I only wish the weather would have cooperated more for the happy couple.  
It looks sunny, but it was raining.  Pouring at times.
I held my breath as the bride checked out our handy work . . . 
but she liked it.  I really think she liked it.
Huge sigh of relief.

3 comments:

Linda Westover said...

Karen is so blessed to have you two talented (and willing) daughters nearby to help her out! She obviously did a good job of passing her skills on. Those cupcakes are really cute!

Karen said...

The mother-of-the-groom was
over-the-top pleased that the bride was so pleased and
the mother-of-the-bakers was pleased she could refer her
over-the-top-talented daughters to the bride-of-the-day who was so happy!

Amber Patten said...

WoW! I love it. you did an amazing job. I love how you crossed out your "thoughts" Funny!