3.17.2012

Ryan @ 5 months

There's no question about it. . .
Ryan is definitely a Krohn!
He runs big just like his brothers have.
Weight is 17 pounds, 10 ounces (90%)
Length is 2 feet 2 inches (90%)
Head circumference is 17.5 inches (95%)
Five months already!
This is me sighing again about how quickly the time is going by. 
Ryan is figuring out that those arms that flop around a lot are
connected to his body and he can grab and pull at his fingers. 
 The adventures in baby food (cereal and oatmeal) continue slowly.
I have been letting Ryan be a big-boy and eat with a spoon usually once a day. 
He seemed to like it at first, but has been more hesitant since to open his mouth for the yummy stuff (can't say I blame him).
The first "All Brothers Bath."
I wasn't sure if this was going to be a good idea.
Turned out it wasn't.  No big surprise there.
Blake is mainly the guilty party.  He knows how to get you while your hands are tied up. 
I'm trying to get Ryan cleaned off and not accidentally dunked under the water when Blake thinks it would be great fun to take the empty bubble bath bottle, fill it with water, and start pouring it all over me. 
Can't stop him without letting go of Ryan.
Tate was no help.
John was no help.
Ryan's bath with the brothers was cut short. 
We survived though . . . and kinda liked it! 
Ryan also likes sitting up like a big boy in his Bumbo seat.
Well, he likes it for a few minutes until he gets squirmy and then wants out. 
Speaking of squirming, that is Ryan.  He can't sit still.
I remember my doctor telling me he thought babies personalities start before they are born.  I was commenting how this baby was constantly kicking me and moving around-way more then Tate or Blake ever did.  I think we knew Ryan was going to have a hard time sitting still long before he was born!

Ryan still amazes me with his happy personality.

He just loves to smile and laugh.
It is so nice to have such a happy baby.
I think it is just the sweetest thing around.
Outdone only by his big brothers being equally as sweet towards their little brother.
Blake especially does not like to see or hear Ryan upset.
Blake will run to Ryan's aid with a binkie and blanket to make him feel better.
When I ask Tate to help Ryan be happy, Tate's solution is to tickle him.
"That will make him smile," Tate says.

For the life of me I couldn't get a clear picture of Ryan's two bottom teeth.
Believe me they are there though!

Ryan loves his playmat and makes funny faces at himself in the mirror.
He also likes that when he kicks the piano part with his feet it makes noises.

Ryan has a new buddy, Sophie.
Ryan had been just gnawing on his binkie for a while. I figured this was just the beginning of teething so I better be prepared with a good teething toy.  I heard from some friends about how great this little giraffe toy is, so I splurged and got it (I never spend much money on baby toys, but this guy is proving to be worth every penny!).  I was amazed at how quickly he was able to figure out how to grab her and hold on. He really loves playing with her and especially chewing on all the different giraffe parts.
Back to that not being able to sit still.
Ryan is still rolling over onto his tummy like a champ and is still a perfect fit in our family.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hahaha, I love the description of the bath. At least you got a good picture first!