12.22.2011

We heart Microsoft

 The boys and I headed over to Redmond to visit Karrie at her new job yesterday.  I thought we would check out her office and maybe get lunch and a free soda that they have on hand:).  We did that, but we got so much more.  I seriously love knowing people with connections and man has Karrie got them!  We were lucky to show up during the "Winter Wonderland Festivities" happening in the Commons at Microsoft.
Ryan enjoyed the visit from the comfort of his carseat while the rest of us got to . . .
Take lots of pictures in the free photo booth.  I could have sat there all afternoon taking goofy pictures with the boys.  After four rounds we thought we better get out and let some other people have a turn.  There was really only room in the booth for two people, but we thought we'd give people watching us a show and try and get all four of us in there.  It was funny.
We found a really cool "Arctic Maze" to try and find Frosty the Snowman in.  The decorations were really great and Tate had a great time running through the maze.  Karrie and I enjoyed the free ice cream bars we found in the maze and Blake loved touching all the strobe lights and other special effects equipment.
We finally found Frosty! 
Tate and Blake were both a little unsure about him at first, but the candy canes Frosty
 had in his basket helped. 
Then there was a life-size snow globe you could go in.  Everything was just so cool!  It is a little hard to tell just how big it was from these pictures, but it really looked just like a snow globe. 
The reindeer even looked like the real thing.
Tate wanted to ride the reindeer, but I didn't think the worker would have gone for that idea.
We even ran into the Gingerbread Man on our way out who gave us another candy cane.  The boys were in heaven with all the treats.  They already think the world of Karrie, but now she is really the COOLEST Aunt Ever! I told Karrie we're coming back for every holiday.

No comments: