11.11.2011

Back at Recovery

Ryan was born at 5:54pm Friday night.  By about 6:30 we were all headed back to the recovery room.  We stayed there for a few hours until we moved rooms to the family area and stayed there for the next couple days.  Things went well in recovery.  I felt the most alert and this c-section then the other ones.  It is nice to remember all that happened during the night because I definitely don't remember everything with Tate and Blake.
Finally getting to hold my little guy.  I look somewhat annoyed in this picture, but I wasn't!  I think I was just frustrated because I was still hooked up to an IV and it just made holding him and being comfortable hard.  I remember once we got back to the room, John asking me if I want to hold him . . . um, yes my dear, I would like to hold him--now, please.
I think Ryan is going to be tall like his daddy--long legs and big feet.
Ryan had a rash on his face that were little dots all over his cheeks after he was born, but they had pretty much gone away by the time we checked out.  He may have had dots on his face, but he has a perfectly shaped head!
My good friend made this little onsie for our little guy.  I love it! 
Now we'll have no excuse for forgetting his birthday:)

John got to help give Ryan his first bath in the sink of our room . . .
First set of prints . . .
. . . long fingers to grab with.

3 comments:

Karen said...

To his list of "reasons why he married Lee Ann, John should add "she makes BEAUTIFUL babies!!"

Karrie Shepro said...

Cutest double chin EVER!

David & Brenda said...

Very very sweet! Thanks for sharing!