Since we have another little pumpkin due to arrive in a couple weeks, I've been a bit in the "let's hurry and get everything done" mode before the baby arrives. I love Fall and Halloween and did not want to miss out on getting pumpkins. We went to a local pumpkin patch in Enumclaw last year and had a great time. We decided we definitely wanted to go back again this year. The only problem was the weather hasn't been cooperating for such outdoor adventures. Forecast: rain, rain and then some more rain. When Wednesday rolled around and it hadn't rained, we decided we better take advantage of the dry spell and get some pumpkins. Tate and Blake were very excited at the prospect of getting out of the house!
Farmer John and his little helpers.
Tate has been so funny about pictures lately. . . he won't really look at the camera or smile a normal smile. Blake on the other hand is always pretty quick with a smile. The challenge with him is getting him to stand still long enough to get a non-blurry picture.
Blake sporting the Halloween Spirit already.
We all split up at the farm and were in search of the perfect pumpkins. At least I was. I like a nice round pumpkin while Tate found every crazy shaped one there was. He ended up getting a pumpkin that was shaped like a pear and still a bit green.
Me and my boys.
See those dark clouds in the background? They were on the way to soaking us . . .
Tate was helping get the pumpkin I picked out in the wheelbarrow. Had to do it all by himself because he is Mr. Independent these days. Good thing he is strong:)
All the vines from the pumpkins were tripping Blake up,
but he still managed to be happy after all the up and downs of falling.
A big pumpkin for the dad, little one for Blake and the pear shaped one for Tate.
Blake got a ride once we were all happy with our pumpkin selections.
Tate found the perfect pumpkin for the new baby.
The boys got lucky and got to hop on the train being pulled by a big tractor before it got put away for the evening.
By the look on Tate's face you'd think we had forced him in there and wouldn't let him out. He would not crack a smile the entire time. Just sat there still?! Blake loved it and even stayed sitting down the entire time. I was afraid he might make a jump for it. I know Tate liked it because he still talks about, despite the grumpy face.
Once the boys got off the animal train we stopped to say hi to the animals-pigs, goats, bunnies, a donkey, kitten and puppies. Tate has a thing for kittens and John kept saying "Tate wouldn't it be great to get a pet like a kitten?" Seriously John? This mom is allergic to cats and I already have 2.5 kids to take care of (that's more then enough). Pets are not in our future--ever.
That's why we have friends and grandparents with animals.
Even though the rain had started coming down, I couldn't pass up this picture opp. to see how the boys measure up. We didn't get to stay as long and play this year because the rain clouds rolled in and started down pouring on us. I was happy we had already got the pumpkins and checked out the animals so we could just make a mad dash to the van without getting too wet.
2 comments:
Andrew had that exact facial expression when he went on a pony ride--and he loved it, too! I think they have to focus on the moment and forget to show their joy.
What fun is a pumpkin farm if you can't get dirty AND wet?
Post a Comment