Camping with Tate and grandma and grandpa that is. Since my dad retired, life seems to be bliss for my parents. They talk about being on a "retired budget" and all and how things will change; but, I don't really believe that. It is like they've joined the club of retirees and life couldn't be better-no agendas, doing whatever they want, going boating, fishing, trips to Hawaii, Mexico, to see the grandkids. I'd say retired life agrees with them (and they certainly deserve it!)--and with Tate. It all happened for Tate when they bought a camping trailer! Oh how he loves the camping trailer. When they first got it, they had it set-up and he wanted to investigate all the parts of it and find out what everything did. He also wanted to be the keeper of the keys and sleep out there. Since grandma is so nice, Tate did get to have a couple sleepovers in the trailer.
We talked about going on a camping trip, but the timing just never seemed to work out with their "no-agenda/scheduled life," John's work schedule and the weather. So, grandma and grandpa kindly offered to just take Tate on an overnighter in the camping trailer. I was happy to oblige.
Tate was so excited. It was all he could talk about that day. We met my parents in Northbend, Tate gave me a hug goodbye and happily got in my parents van and they were off. I was a bit bummed we couldn't make it a big family camping trip, but I was very glad Tate got to have his first camping experience with grandma and grandpa who might as well be professional campers.
Tate was so excited. It was all he could talk about that day. We met my parents in Northbend, Tate gave me a hug goodbye and happily got in my parents van and they were off. I was a bit bummed we couldn't make it a big family camping trip, but I was very glad Tate got to have his first camping experience with grandma and grandpa who might as well be professional campers.
Getting the camper all set-up for night-time.
Snug as a bug in a rug.
Nothing like some "baby cakes" after a good nights sleep.
Looking for cool rocks.
Steak and shrimp for dinner?! Tate doesn't eat that well at home--ever!
Tate had a great time and still wants to "wake-up" the camping trailer every time we go to grandmas house.







No comments:
Post a Comment