While Bonnie and Ben were still in town we planned a fun Saturday over at Whidbey Island. My grandma had a beachfront house in a great community we grew up going to. Since she passed away we haven't really been back over even though my parents still own property in the community so we have access to the beach and pool. I think it had been at least a couple years. It is sad to think that because we all have such great memories about going to the Island. So, we were all really excited to make the trip over and reminisce about "the good-old days" playing on the beach at grandma's and going to the pool.
We couldn't have asked for a nicer day! It was beautiful. The ferry ride over was fun (no one fell overboard). I seriously have nightmares about going on boats and having my children somehow fall overboard and then I have to jump into the cold, dark water to try and save them. John's job was to keep Blake away from the sides.
Waiting for the ferry to leave. We never go far without Auntie Karrie!
Blake enjoying the view. As long as John didn't get too close to the railing, I didn't have a heart attack.
Tate was taking a while to wake up and just wanted to be held.
We drove by my grandma's old house and saw this guy in the front yard.
We decided to hit the beach first and then the pool. Blake had actually fallen asleep in the van on the ride over so him and John took a little nap while Karrie, Tate and I met up with Bonnie and her family on the beach. The tide was still out and we had the best time digging for gooey-ducks, finding clams, and starfish! In all the years going to beach when we were younger, we never found starfish. This day, I probably found close to 10 just floating in the shallow tide. It was crazy. I need to get the pictures from Bonnie as proof, but it was so cool to keep finding them.
Blake had a good time checking out the driftwood and bringing me the burnt pieces (kind of looks like a dead bird or duck?!)
We were happy grandma and grandpa decided to join the fun too!
Once the tide came in there wasn't much beach left, but Tate and Karrie attempted to build a sandcastle and Blake was going down to investigate what they were up to.
It was definitely a day not to forget your sunglasses!
After lunch on the beach, we headed up the hill to the pool. We couldn't believe that no one else was there! I like this pool because there is a nice roped off shallow area for kids. Tate had a great time with the dad and Auntie Karrie in the water practicing his swimming skills.
Blake on the other hand wasn't interested in the water at all! He just wanted to run around the pool (making me chase him), making it seem like he was going to walk right in the deep end! Blake and I hung out in the shade.
The day was so great.
We went into it with no expectations.
We were going to stay as long as the boys were happy.
When they were ready to go-we would go.
And that's just what we did.
I love it when things work out like that and both John and I can say we had such a great time.
We're just trying to figure out why it took us all summer to go over.
No comments:
Post a Comment