John and Tate's birthday's are only 5 days apart. Makes for a little crazy week trying to get two parties planned and done, but I love to be busy and I wanted to make it special for John. John is pretty laid back about birthday's, but as we are starting our own family traditions, I want birthday to be a special day (even the dad's birthday!). Really I wanted John to see what I expect for my birthday:) I keep telling John he's had it soooo easy when it comes to my birthday because my bday is on Christmas and we're at my parents and he doesn't really have to do anything but show-up. I told him that wouldn't always be the case, and he's going to have to step-up and make my day special all by himself! John is also a good sport about sharing his birthday (must be all that training being a twin-he's a good sharer). I just tweaked Tate's birthday invitation for both of them and continued the construction theme.
This party was a bit easier to plan then Tate's
(no games or activities for the grown-ups-just good 'old dinner and conversation).
A fun game Auntie Karrie has taught Tate (guess what's chewed up in my mouth).
I left the baking up to Starry Nights Catering in Kirkland this time. That was probably the best Groupon I've got so far. That cake was so good.
![]() |
| Gotta keep up on those free haircuts. |
The boys got spoiled with presents! A BIG THANK YOU to everyone:)
We were also really excited to have Auntie Emily come down for the party. Tate thought that was pretty cool she would come all the way to his house for his birthday! Emily is welcome anytime and we hope she'll come back and visit soon.
I'm pretty lucky to have such a great husband that would let me go on a girls vacation, for a week, on a cruise, to warm-really sunny places, while he stays at home, in the snow, with two little boys that can be kinda crazy! He's the best.
We are so happy to have family close by that could come down for the party and really glad John's parents could come up from Utah for the week!







3 comments:
Fun blogs! You did a great job!
I love the invitations! If only I had a boy, it would be such a fun party to steal... and I love the food names. Super fun. Nice work!
Too bad Blakey went to bed early and missed all the fun. Great party though. The cake was really goooooood, but so were your tacos!
Post a Comment