This year for Valentine's Day we had a "pre-party" and invited some friends over to help decorate cookies and play some games. It was nice that Sunday happened to be Stake Conference, so there was no rushing around after church trying to eat dinner quickly and then get ready for company. It was a really nice relaxing day at home. John is easing into the idea of having people (more then one family), over to our house. I love having people over, but John always thinks about the mess that will happen with too many people. I told him to stop worrying (we only invite over clean and neat families:))! The sugar cookies, smoothies and fruit pizza seemed to win him over.
After decorating cookies Kelsey and the dad's started an intense game of UNO. I think Kelsey is about ready to turn professional playing that game. They had a great time playing and keeping the boys entertained while us ladies hung out talking (just the way I like it!).
Tate was insistent on wearing his pajamas even though it wasn't really close to bedtime. Whatever floats his boat!
Tate really seemed to enjoy the decorating part more than the eating part. That cookie sat in the kitchen for days before it found its final resting place in the garbage can. Tate seemed much more concerned about eating the candy out of the bowls instead of off his cookie.
Tate's buddy Spencer, also thought a pj party would be more fun! Spencer and his dad did a nice job with the cookies too. Spencer, unlike Tate, loves smiling for the camera. Even though I didn't get that many other pictures, we had a fun evening with friends and were grateful the families were willing to come over and hang out and get to know each other a little better!
Valentine's Day Morning
Tate was excited to open his present. I don't think he really knew or expected a present which made it all the more fun to give him one. The Valentine fairy brought him a Elmo lunch box . . .
with two giant lolli-pops.
My sweet husband got up extra early to make me a nice breakfast. Thanks to my mom on coaching him through making the omelet. I'm pretty picky with my eggs and I think last year he tried scrambled eggs, but I just couldn't eat them. He definitely is learning:) John also knows how much I love flowers and got me a beautiful bouquet that we're still enjoying. I got lucky having the best Valentine!
I thought I better do some kind of fun breakfast fr my boys . . . so pink pancakes was on the menu.
Blake was the only only who seemed to appreciate them.
John enjoyed a nice lunch provided by his Valentine. Even though I always tell him this holiday is totally for the girls, I didn't want him to not think I loved him or wanted to do something nice for him. I think Tate's favorite part of Valentine's Day this year was making Valentine's for his friends and family and then running around the neighborhood delivering them. That was my favorite part too! I love that Tate is understanding more and having so much fun during holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment