I needed to do a little catching up on life before Christmas. Stay tuned for that sad and somewhat gross story. Blake is working really hard to getting the swing of crawling. He has mastered the position and back-and-forth movement, but not much more then that. I'm telling myself not to worry that he'll figure it out when he's ready and it's okay that he is almost one and still trying to get crawling figured out. A couple night ago, John was home with Blake and called to tell me he had finally done it and crawled about 5 feet. I was so excited to see him do it the next day, but since then, Blake hasn't been in the mood to do a repeat performance. He's getting there. Just slowly.
A little pre-Christmas present opening. Tate has been so excited about opening presents this year. I made the mistake of letting him open a present from Uncle Nik a few days before Christmas. Every day after that he wanted to open another present. Who doesn't love opening presents?! So, he opened the presents from his playgroup buddies the days leading up to Christmas. Blake had a great time trying to figure out the ribbon.
Brotherly love. We're getting more of that around here these days. Tate has finally decided he can share a bath with Blake and they can get along long enough to get scrubbed down and play with some toys before Tate does something to scare Blake and then Blake wants nothing but out of the tub. Tate occasionally will go into "baby mode" and want to be rocked or have a binkie just because Blake does. I had Blake wrapped up in his blanket and Tate brought me his blanket (also made by Auntie Karrie) to wrap him up-just like Blake. "Two boys wrapped up," Tate kept saying. It was pretty cute.
I was hoping the cool snowman slippers might help the crawling (better traction I though). Not really, but he sure loved having them on.
Happiness before the "storm."
Tate loves running around naked after his baths and usually just getting him into his diaper these days takes way to much effort on the mom's part.
A little pre-Christmas present opening. Tate has been so excited about opening presents this year. I made the mistake of letting him open a present from Uncle Nik a few days before Christmas. Every day after that he wanted to open another present. Who doesn't love opening presents?! So, he opened the presents from his playgroup buddies the days leading up to Christmas. Blake had a great time trying to figure out the ribbon.When they started playing Christmas music BEFORE Thanksgiving this year, I have to admit I was a bit upset by it. I'm all for one holiday at a time. But, now that Christmas has come and gone, I'm really glad I got started thinking about Christmas so early (even if it was forced) because it really flew by this year. We took down the lights and got all the decorations packed up a few days ago, and I literally felt like we had just got all the boxes down and light hung up. There are times that I wish I could just slow time down a bit so I can really enjoy and soak in the holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment