11.26.2010

Snow Day 2

The snow was definitely here to stay (for a few days anyway). It only got into the 20's, so the snow clothes shopping didn't happen. I'm no snow driver. And trying to brave the hill out of our driveway and neighborhood and then all the other icy roads-no way. I thought I might have scared Tate from ever wanting to go out in the snow again (no need for snow clothes in that case) because on Snow Day 1 his hands got so cold. But, we were getting a little bored inside and I thought it would be a good time to clean up/out the garage. I could only wrestle Tate into his fleece jacket this time and it took a pack of fruit snacks to get the hat on. We opened up the garage door and had a good time watching the other kids sledding down the hill. Tate was quite happy just to get into the garage "toys" (i.e. shop vac, blower, broom). I was happy to get some cleaning and organizing done while Blake took a nap. The best part was the view out the garage:) The snow sure makes everything look so nice and clean.

After our second attempt at being outside in the snow, which really turned into being in the garage looking at the snow, we headed inside for some crafting fun. Our ward had its "Fantastic Friday" a couple weeks ago and I had signed up to do some projects for the holidays thinking John would be around to watch the kids. John ended up going to Utah that week and so I had the boys with me for the Fantastic Friday event. I thought I could get a few projects done before Tate or Blake got too unruly and I felt conspicuous having brought two kids. Wishful thinking on my part. Blake was not into crafting at all that evening. It ended up being me quickly trying to get all the supplies I needed to work on at home. Not ideal because we know crafts rarely get done when they come home unfinished. Anyways, I decided enough putting off the unfinished projects! Tate had a nice time painting that bag while I worked on the snowmen. Projects don't really happen without Tate helping in some way:)
Blake was around for all the snow and fun crafting . . . he pretty much has enjoyed the snow from the inside looking out. I got him all bundled up to get the mail with me and that seemed to be enough of the cold and wind in his face for his liking. He much rather prefers the warm indoors with his toys to play with. *On a random side note, Blake is so interesting with his legs. They are most often crossed at the ankles. When he's just sitting like in this picture or even when he's asleep, his feet are crossed. It's cute.

Gotta love how being snowed-in makes for the best evenings in PJ's, cuddling on the couch!

No comments: