We decided to head back to the zoo to see the half of it we didn't get to the first time we went. The drive over this time went so much better-no event traffic to double the driving time. Instead of car traffic, we did run into people traffic at the zoo. Who knew the Saturday we went was "Library Day" at the zoo. I wish I would have known that because I would have brought Tate's reading log to get the prize for completing the summer reading program. Oh well, instead of a prize he got to play with this guy. Tate played shy at first, but after one high-five, we had to pull him away to go check out the other animals.
It was supposed to be a nice afternoon at the zoo. No pressure to see everything, just walk around and leave when the kids had had enough. That's the nice thing about having passes to the zoo-we can always come back. Well, things never go exactly as planned. Tate of course wouldn't stay in the stroller and took off running at any chance he could. John chased him while I fed Blake some lunch. No cell phones meant John chasing Tate around the penguin exhibit for 20 minutes while I wheeled the double stroller around trying to find them. *Frustrated dad at this point (reason for not so many pictures)* We decided after seeing the polar bear, sea otters, penguins, and other sea life we would head back to feed the goats (Tate remembered that from the first time). That was a huge hit again.
This water-leap-frog area proved to be the biggest hit of the day though. On our way out we were walking by the kids playground area and Tate walked over to this water game. It wasn't a particularly warm day when we went, which would probably explain why Tate was the only one running around in the water.
The point is to not let the water squirt you--Tate's goal . . . to get WET! He just stood in front of the squirters and got soaked. I didn't really care because he was having so much fun, and I figured we'd just take off the wet clothes in the car. If Tate was happy being wet, I wasn't going to let it bother me.
Another favorite area-washing hands. After feeding the goats we washed our hands and it's great because the sink, soap and paper towels are just Tate's height. Not so great--he kept going back for more. We had to chase him outta there after about the fourth time washing his hands.
On our way out Tate noticed another fun guy to play with. Tate wasn't so shy this time and kept chasing this guys tail around and around. Finally I had to pick Tate up yelling to go back so we could get him changed. Trips like this seem to prove exhausting for these parents but at least Tate had a good time-he's still talking about the penguins.
1 comment:
Why wasn't I invited!!! Don't let that happen again.
Post a Comment