4.25.2010

Basketball

John has been a part of our ward's basketball team this season. He's had a good time playing every Wednesday and Thursday night for the past few months. It is tournament time now and the team has been doing well. They've only lost one game so far. That means they get to keep playing (*sigh*). There was a game on Saturday and I decided it would be fun to go see what all this church ball is about. That and I've never really seen John play basketball and I wanted to make sure he was behaving:)
We got there and of course the teams that played earlier went into overtime, so we had to wait a while for those teams to finish up. That was okay-John ran around with Tate and I kept Blake. I have to admit I was somewhat hoping that they would lose so all this would be over and I could have my husband back (selfish reasons I know). Tate wasn't so interested in watching the game, so we found some toys in one of the rooms and went back and forth between watching the game and running to the room with the toys. Blake did great and loved being held by the other wives that were there. I really appreciated the help!
It was fun getting to watch John play and the team was winning. They were up by about 10 points during the first quarter. I thought-"great, they are going to win."

But, then the other team started catching up and the score was pretty much even. I thought, maybe they are going to lose . . .? Tate found a stray basketball and is going to be the next basketball star. He was out in the lobby trying to dribble it, and then just decided that throwing it was a lot easier.
Because we hadn't been there long enough, of course the game went into overtime! I didn't come prepared with lunch for Tate b/c I figured we'd be done and gone long before lunch time. It's a good thing there were better prepared mothers there who had crackers they didn't mind Tate getting into. You'd think I would have already learned this lesson to be prepared for all situations, but I hadn't. I will remember for next time.The game was so close and it was actually very exciting to watch. Tate found a friend with a cell phone so he was a happy camper sitting on her lap while we watched the end of the game. I even found myself hoping that they would win now! They played hard, and it came down to the last seconds in overtime, but they won by two points. Hooray!!! We finally get to go home and John's happy because he gets to play again this week. We'll just deal with not having the dad around a few nights this week.

3 comments:

Carla and crew said...

hooray for Church Ball! It is a lovely way to entertain the boys for a couple hours (John included). Great action shots, too!

April Bishop said...

I love church ball! Tom and I both play for our teams... Sounds like a great game! I always have emergency goldfish in my purse, and usually need them for other kids than my own... It's all part of "raising a village". Lunch one of these days?

Jessica Waters said...

I feel the same way about church ball hope they win because he loves it. Hope they lose so he'll be home. . . oh well.

Just so the two of you know I am super jealous that to two of you can get together for lunch. Why don't you fly here and I will take you both to lunch!!!