4.21.2010

All About Blake

Blake is three months old now and I thought it was time for another update. Blake has survived 3 months with an older brother who thinks he needs to do everything and be a part of everything. I'm learning that babies are tough and can take a lot from Big Brother. Blake is a pretty good sport when it comes to Tate holding him or wanting to say "hi" really loud right in Blake's face. But, when Blake's had enough he knows how to put on a pout face like nobody else! I'll have to try and get a picture of the "sad face" because it really is very cute!

Blake is getting very strong. He holds his held up well and we even tried out the Bumbo seat this week and he liked sitting in that for a few minutes. Blake only tolerates "tummy time" for so long, but he sticks his little bottom in the air and pushes off with the legs. I think he's getting ready to crawl and protect himself from Tate. He loves the bouncy seat. Tate is always quick to get the toy part of the seat and turn it on. I wouldn't mind that, but one of the moving frogs gets stuck and makes this totally annoying clicking sounds, so I try and keep the toy off most of the time. Weather the noises are on or off, Blake loves swinging his arms at the animals and gets all big-eyed watching the animals move. Blake is becoming a better night sleeper. I only had to get up once last night to put the binky in and then Blake got up around 5am. It's so nice to get a little more sleep these days (as long as Tate stays in his bed!).


Mr. Tate had to get under the play mat too. Tate kept saying 'move' and pushed Blake over. Gotta make room for Big Brother who took all of Blake's blankets. The first child sure had it great-no one to share with, every toy to yourself. I guess all the other kids get forced to learn to share early. Guess it all goes to being the well-adjusted middle child.

I thought I'd better get in on the action. Three was a crowd!
Blake was doing great smiling for the camera.

Mr. Tate up to no good. Tate thinks it is fun to undo the sunshine so it falls on Blake. Usually, I can catch Tate before he actually get it off, but if I don't . . .
Tate says sorry by giving Blake a kiss. I also don't put Blake directly under the sunshine, so if Tate gets away with that, it doesn't really hurt Blake when it falls. Gotta love 2 year-olds.

Mesmerized by Elmo on the TV. Blake looks like he's gearing up to get pushed out of the way by Tate. He was right. When Tate's done being next to Blake he likes to give him a friendly shove away from him. Good thing the dad was close by to grab Blake before Tate got too carried away.

1 comment:

Karrie Shepro said...

Uh, well adjusted "middle" child. That means there would have to be someone younger than Blake for him to be in the middle. LeeAnn do you have something to tell us...?