4.01.2010

4 years

Tuesday was our 4th wedding anniversary. Thanks to my mom and Karrie for helping out with the kiddos so John and I could spend the day together and get an uninterrupted night. John took the day off work and we had a nice day together. We decided instead of giving each other gifts, we would just spend that money doing things together that day. So, we dropped off the kids at grandma's and then headed out to see a movie. Its been a while since we've been out to see a movie. John really wanted to see "Clash of the Titans," unfortunately that doesn't come out until Friday (too bad!). Instead, we opted to see "The Bounty Hunter." It was good-nothing spectacular, but neither of us expected that. After the movie we went to this cute Italian restaurant, Sages, in Redmond. It was nice to go out to eat and not have to rush through the meal because Tate is finished and wants to get down and run around. After a great lunch we ran some errands and hung out at home before John headed out to his last basketball game of the season before playoffs. We were discussing the past four years and trying to remember what we did for each anniversary. There were only three to try and remember, but we struggled to come up with the correct order of what we did. Thank goodness we have a blog now so we can look back and remember the exact details. I know I said we didn't exchange gifts, but I gave John our blog that I had printed. If you have a blog and haven't had it printed--DO IT! It is the coolest thing to have an actual hard copy of our lives for the past couple years. I am so excited to print it off each year and add it to the collection. John really liked it and I hope our kids will like it to:)
Four years. Doesn't seem like that long when I think of everything we've been through in those years. Being married and having children has given us the chance to work on our relationship and improve our communicating. I'm looking forward to the years ahead--I'm sure in the next few years we'll get this married/parenting thing perfected (okay, maybe in the next 20 years).

1 comment: