3.18.2010

Almost Complete

I was sitting in Blake's room, rocking him and looking at the walls.
They just seemed to be missing something. Too much blue. I've gone back and forth liking and not liking the clouds that are on the giraffe side of the room. I think I'm going to take them down (cut out of quilting batting) and try something else. But, back to the blue walls. I thought they needed something else. The thought came to me . . . "Z" is for zebra and "G" is for giraffe.That would go perfect! I was about ready to get out the paint when I remembered there is a very nice woman in our ward that does vinal letters. I've never done that before, but I figured it would be sooo much easier then trying to paint it on. Michele was super great to do this for me and it was so fun and easy! I'm already thinking of other places that need some cool lettering.
I love the end result and Tate loves tracing the letters with his fingers as we say the words. The clouds are still bothering me and I'm thinking of getting the paint out for those and doing some whispy white clouds to finish things off. More projects still to come.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Way cute!! We could sew puffy clouds. That way they would have some dimension and you could take them down and wash them when necessary.

David & Brenda said...

Love it!!! Who is your photographer? Your pictures (I especially love the individual photos down the right side) are wonderful!

Carla and crew said...

The words are great! Jennae wants me to put words all through the house! I like the batting clouds.

Linda Westover said...

The words are exactly what was needed! Painted clouds,IF they were well done, would look nifty. But I don't know how easy they would be to do.