2.09.2010

Another Week

Now that we have church at 9am the afternoons look a lot like this. I love that church does not interrupt Tate's afternoon nap because that means we can all take a nap and that is such a great thing.The birthday boys this month. Even as Tate gets older, he still looks like John's "mini-me."

How quickly they grow! This picture was when Tate was about 1 year old (I think). One year later . . .

I'm glad I got a baby that I think looks more like me. I think it's the chubby cheeks of Blake's that are mine:) Blake is still a great baby-we are seeing more and more of his awake eyes these days. I think of when we had Tate and how we always tried to keep things from disrupting him-quiet during naps and all that. The second child certainly doesn't get that treatment. Tate is so loud sometimes and Mr. Blake seems to be unphased by it all. He just keeps on sleeping or laying there-no fusses. I love that about Blake-so laid back. This week Tate has been wanting to hold Blake a lot. It leads me to believe that Tate is figuring out this baby is not leaving and he might as well learn to deal with it. We are still working out some issues with being nice to Blake, but sometimes Tate will do the funniest things to Blake (at least it is funny to me). For example, Blake was sleeping on the couch and Tate comes up to him and yelps somewhat loudly in Blake's ear. No response from Blake. Tate does it again. Nothing. Then Tate starts flinging Blake's hand trying to wake him up. It was something to watch-the mind of a 2-year old!

This is Tate being such a nice big brother. It usually starts off with Blake being happy. Then Tate has to reposition Blake. Then the crying starts and Tate fixes those tears with a nice kiss on the head.Sometimes the kiss works, other times not. Tate's face was so cute in this picture even though it is blurry.Tate is always a big help in the kitchen. I was making dinner and he thought the garlic and onions would be good to try. He kept saying "apples." He tried them and spit it right back out! He opted for the Valentine's day candy instead.Yummy hearts!


The child is screaming now . . . so better end this and go make dinner.

5 comments:

Linda Westover said...

That's a particularly nice picture of John and Tate. You've got good looking men in your life!

Karen said...

OK I might have to make Monday my day to kidnap them. They are so stinkin' cute!!

The Green-Eyed Girl said...

He definitely has been around Karrie too long if he's showing you the food in his mouth.
They are pretty adorable!

The Halls said...

seriously could they be any cuter???? I don't think so!

Carrie said...

Oh goodness! They are both too cute! What a good big brother Tate is!