Let the projects be finished--now that I'm done with teaching and have time on my hands! Before Tate was born, I had all these things I was going to do before he arrived when I was out of school. Well, that didn't happen since I ended up on bed-rest and he made an earlier than anticipated arrival. I was not got to let that happen again. We've been starting all these projects I wanted done well in advance, so in case things with this baby came early, I would be ready. The first major project was moving John's office out of the extra bedroom into our bedroom (For now an office/bedroom will work. Not ideal though.) There was no room for this huge bulletin board he had in the bedroom. So, I thought it would be fun to cover it and make it a "cooler" bulletin board for our loft work area.
I was excited for this to be a "LeeAnn Project," but if you know John, you know we are still working on him giving up some control of house-hold projects. He is learning that I'm capable of doing these kind of things and the second day of the project went much better than the first:)
I think it turned out pretty well for my first attempt!
John and I decided to move Tate into a big-boy room and keep his old room the baby's room since the crib and changing table were still in there. I never thought we'd be the parents to go kinda crazy with the theme bedrooms, but we are turning out to be that way:) We wanted Tate to have a fun room and he has been doing great with his animal sounds and loves looking at animal books, so we thought a farm room would be appropriate.
I found this fleece at the fabric store and my mom showed me this alternative way of doing the edging instead of just tying it. It took a lot longer than just tying it in knots, but I like the look of the finished edge better. And it's great, because you can't tell how not perfectly straight I cut it!
The third project, get the new room painted and hope Tate likes sleeping in the big-bed. I'm not quite finished with the painting (final pictures will be posted when I am done), but I thought we need to get Tate moved over so he can get used to this room before the baby comes and takes over his crib. Yesterday, was the first attempt of nap-time in the bed. I wasn't sure if Tate would go for this or if the entire naptime would be me putting him back in bed, but he did great! He stayed in the bed the entire nap and only seemed to be sliding out of the bed a couple of times.
1 comment:
Very cute! I'm glad we knew the theme before Christmas.
Post a Comment