6.24.2009

Summer

It's hard to believe another school year is over and it is finally summertime! It's amazing when you're not a student how quickly the days go by. Tate and I are enjoying our first week of summer. It certainly is a change of schedule to be at home all day now (trying to get used to it). Here our some of our reasons why we are so glad it is summer and some reasons why we miss school.

Glad it is SUMMER because:

  • Popsicles-Tate's favorite summer treat.
  • Say goodbye to the hour commute each day.
  • Generally speaking the sun is out.
  • Time for projects around the house to get done.
  • Summer cleaning.
  • Not so much to do.

What we miss:

  • Grandma! Pretty sure Tate is tired of me and John. He hopes grandma will come back soon so he can give her a big hug (just learned that).
  • Having lots to keep me busy.
  • Reasons to get out of the house (having to make some up:)

This is a video of Tate with his favorite thing-the hair dryer. I don't know why he loves this so much, but he would be quite content dragging that thing around and having it blow on his face and tummy. I'm happy to report John found the missing camera in the couch cusions, but this is the last time I've seen that brush??!!!

4 comments:

Karrie Shepro said...

Maybe this is a sign that Tate's going to be a hair stylist?

Bonnie and Ben Kacher said...

Now THAT would be a good addition to the family, right up there with lawyer and IRS agent. It's too hot for hugging in Syracuse!! It'll be nice to be back for those hugs! Mom

Carrie said...

That video is so cute! How funny that he loves the blow dryer so much!
LeeAnn, I got your comment on my blog and it made my day! It's so great to hear from you! Hope you keep having fun throughout the summer!

Carrie said...

Oh, I forgot to respond to what you wrote on my blog...Ellie's hair and my mom's are the exact same color! You were right! It's so funny to me...every time she holds Ellie I tell her that Ellie should be her daughter, not mine! Too funny...