6.29.2009
Fence and Fun
We've had a bit of a dilemma this summer-Tate loves being outside, but we live on a hill and there is this drop off from our yard to the neighbors with no fence. That means no Tate playing in the backyard . . . until now! John has been working so hard on getting this fence up so our little explorer can finally explore at home. John along with some help from his dad and our neighbor (who is putting up a fence on the upper side) have been working the past couple Saturdays to get the fences done. I'm happy to report, after a 12 hour day working on Saturday, the fence is almost done. The framed gates are on-just need the boards nailed in.
Now that Tate can play back here, we needed to make it a bit more kid friendly. I give you Mr. Crab. In this picture Tate is getting a rock to put in the sandbox. We decided to leave the fence open in the back since it is a greenbelt. The next project is a planter box to the left of the fence where is it mostly dirt and bark. That way we'll have a cool little garden and Tate hopefully, won't be able to escape. Not sure if we're too late to plant anything this year?
Just need the gates!
There's a good rock to play with.
Look! I can even try to stand on my head in here. Tate still puts most things in his mouth, so I wasn't sure how he'd do with all this sand. Ya, I thought after the first mouthful of sand he'd realize it doesn't taste so good. Nope, he tried it again and then of course he popped that rock right into his mouth. How much sand and dirt can be ingested before you worry?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment