12.12.2008

Oh Christmas Tree

Since we might get snow this weekend (that gets me in the holiday mood), I thought it a good time to post our Christmas-tree getting adventure. There is a kind-of farmers market in Maple Valley that I drive by everyday on my way to work that is now selling trees and I thought it would be a fun place for us to go (we went there last year too). Not that I don't love going to tree farms and getting the experience of cutting down your own tree. But, it rains a lot in Seattle which makes for really muddy conditions and since Tate really doesn't know the difference yet, we took the easier route. Anyways, there was a nice young man to help us pick out our tree and he even loaded it up for us! What great service!
That's John behind the tree making sure it is the right height. We ended up getting a "grand fir" because it is supposed to have a stronger smell to it and it does! I love it. Every time I walk downstairs it smells like Christmas!
Me and Tate waiting for the men to get the tree situated. Tree and Tate all strapped in for the ride home. We only thought the tree was going to fall off the car once (John drove about 35 mph the rest of the way after that!).
John got the tree inside and Tate was the inspector! I think he approves:) More Christmas jammy fun! I don't like it is torchuring your child when he looks so darn cute in the outfits. The slippers help him get good traction on the floor anyways. Tate loves playing with the door stoppers. It is the first thing he crawls to-I don't know what is it about it, maybe the noise it makes, but it's one of his favorite toys.

The finished product! We love our Christmas tree and are so excited to have Tate with us this Christmas to celebrate!!!

































No comments: