It has been a long day. Right when I think I've got this child figured out, we have a day of 30 minute naps (if any), refusing the bottle, spitting (that's the latest trick), and tiring me out! Luckily, I had the grandma to help:) Now that I'm back to teaching (Junior High Yearbook & Leadership), Tate and I make good miles everyday. It takes me an hour each way to get to school. Tate makes me a carpool, so the commute time has actually been cut down-hooray! So far, its been a good routine we have. John usually gets up with Tate in the morning and they spend time playing together until John has to step into his office down the hallway and go to work. Then, I take over and we play (and usually nap) until it is time to go to grandmas house. Tate is getting much better at being happy in the car and is always SO excited when we finally get there and he is free. I head off to school for those two classes and love it, and Tate and Grandma have a date. Since John works from home, he is able to work his schedule around watching Tate one day while I'm at school. Today, Tate took about a 45 minute nap when I left for school and then grandma had the chance to be entertainer for a while since he was still wide awake when I got back at 2:30! He slept for maybe 30 minutes in the car and then was wide awake and fussy until 7pm when he finally succumbed to the night-time. What is happening to my well-napping baby???? I couldn't believe he was awake so much today and wasn't just falling over exhausted . . . I know that's what I wanted to do.
It's a good thing he is so funny and cute and can make me smile even when he isn't cooperating!
2 comments:
Babies can be so exasperating. Don't they know we have a schedule to keep to? :) It's so true....just when you think you've got them figured out they stir things up again. His major redemption is that he is so darn cute!
His cuteness is also your downfall, because no matter how tired he makes you, you'll cave in, like we all have, and have another one!!!
Post a Comment