10.26.2008

Almost Mobile

Tate is getting so close to actually crawling. I'm enjoying these last days of having a mostly stationary baby. It will be a different world when he starts moving around more (we'd better get on baby-proofing the house). Tate is a great "roller" now and can get from one place to another by just rolling over and over. But, he is working on the crawling concept. So, far he gets up in the position and rocks for a little bit, concentrates hard on trying to get the hands to move forward while the legs push. That generally results in a face-plant, but he does move forward.

On another note, I was so proud of myself today at church. It has been a struggle having church through naptime, b/c we end up with one fussy baby when he doesn't get his nap. So, I'm carrying him around as he's rubbing his eyes and burying his face in my shoulder, thinking "why don't you just close your eyes and put us both out of this misery?" We tried rocking, no luck, walking around, no luck. Finally, I decided I'd just lay him on one of the comfy rocking chairs in the mother's lounge. He's used to going to sleep on his own, so I thought this might work. It did! I layed him down, with legs hanging over the side, one finger went in the mouth and the eyes closed. I was pretty proud of myself for making that happen. The hard part is what to do with him after that?!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'll bet you could pick him up and put him into his car seat, throw a blanket over him and away you go. Send him to High Priest quorum and he'd sleep the whole time :)