7.13.2008

Road Trip

John and I had the chance to go on a little vacation this past week (John had the days off work, so we figured we better not let them go to waste). Our original plan was to do a cruise to Alaska b/c they were leaving out of Seattle (no airfair to deal with), but those were all sold out by the time we were ready to make serious plans. So, PLAN B: Cannon Beach. I've never been and John used to go done there growing up and was excited to show me around.

We got everything packed for us and then started the "Tate packing process." Babies sure do need a lot of stuff! We got everything loaded and headed to the grandparents. Grandma was pretty excited to get a long date with Tate and I was okay leaving him for the first extended time. It was hard driving away, but the thought of sleeping in and doing something different was really exciting.


This is where we stayed "The Ocean Lodge." We were in the top floor of one of the bungalow's. The most important part (at least to me), it had the best jacuzzi tub. John had fun with the bubbles.

This is taken outside our room. The weather was beautiful, although very windy on the beach. We had to wear sweatshirts. This is the lodge from the beach. It was nice to be able to walk down the steps and be on the beach!


The beach was great. There was plenty of beach for everyone. It was nice to not feel so crowded. We had a good time making a deluxe sandcastle-thanks to John wanting to out-do all the little kids:) We also rode really fun sand-tricycles. It was awesome riding those up and down the beach. We covered alot more area then we would have just walking. We rode down the far end of the beach and saw these cool tide-pools. Lots of sea-life.



There were mass amounts of starfish clinging to the rocks. They were the brightest orange and purple colors. John also found us two sanddollars (they were already dead) to take home.


Our last night we enjoyed a very delicious pizza watching the sunset! We feel very blessed to have family close by so we're able to do things like this. We are ready to go back (we might have to bring Tate the next time though)!

8 comments:

wcgillian said...

Oh how I miss the Pacific Northwest! Too bad that you didn't make it to Alaska. Nice photos.

RJ

April Bishop said...

Fantastic pictures! I'm glad you guys had a good time. As much as we love our kids, there is something to be said for time away!

Jessica said...

It looks like you guys had such a nice mini-vacation! The pictures are beautiful!

Mike and I still have never had a night away from Brynn and she's TWO! We've got to plan one soon!

HAdams said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I am so glad you were able to manage a getaway. I was also impressed with your killer sand castles!

Karrie Shepro said...

Thanks for the ShareBuilder shout out...glad those fleece's came in handy :)

Karen said...

If Tate gets to go next time, maybe his grandma should go too. Love the hot dog suit. Is the fan helpful?

Valerie said...

Wow, that looks like an amazing place. What a cool trip for you guys to go on without the little one. And those were some pretty impressive sand castles I might add :)

Becca said...

It is gorgeous there. I definitely need to make a trip out there!